Monday, May 18, 2009

Albion Hills O'Cup #2

Step #2 for the Ontario Cup series is now in the bag.... and it was a tough one. I was going in feeling really confident and happy to be wearing the leader's jersey (Lifesaver Stripes)... and then i came across Andrew Croutch (True North) in the parking lot. Oops.. forgot about him and how strong he is. We were at each other for the entire race... him working me hard in the power, rolling double track and me working him hard in the single track. We were out front for the whole race and it came down to the last 3km. After Long, Running Mud Bog #1 there is a slippery climb that i was climbing pretty well with my mud tires, but Andrew was having a hard time with his tires packing up. I got a bit of a gap, looked back and saw that he was still running his bike, and gave it everything i had left. Flew through the last bit of single track and hammered the lap of the finishing field to end with a 35sec lead.... a very hard, long and tiring race. But i was greeted with smiling faces and hugs from Barry Near, Emily Batty and Adam Morka... a great day for all of us, and a great way to spend my birthday.... and Happy Mother's Day to Sue!! The Trek Toronto Race Team finished with 7 or 8 podium placings... WOW!!!So day of rest, some hours of bike cleaning and a good weekend of training has prepared me for Canada Cup #2 (#1 for me) in Mont Tremblant... should be a fun weekend away with the family and a great place to race. Check back in a week for the report from Tremblant....

No comments:

Post a Comment