Friday, December 25, 2009

Here we go ... again....

So it's hard to believe that the "rest" period of my season has ended so quickly. I took a couple weeks off the bike... still did some active stuff with the kids and at school but no official training. So here's the story of my first REAL training ride... i head out to the forest with Emily Batty for a couple hours of mountain biking... turned out to be the last ride in the forest before the snow fell. I go into the forest feeling good and looking nice in my white and red Trek Store coat... but come out feeling banged up with a whole lot of dirt on my clothes. "Who's the old guy riding with Emily that keeps falling? He should just get out of her way...".... yeah... 3 crashed later we get out of the trees and head home. Training has started pretty well... had a bit of a sore knee for a week or so, but i've stretched that out and am fine now. Just building base hours and will start serious training for next year come January. So for now... i just want to brag that i will have the coolest bike in the world next year... "So Barry... what bike am i riding next year?" .... "Well Jon, you did pretty well last year so i guess i have to upgrade you to the Fuel 9.9"... "Sweeeeeeetttt"....
I hope i get all the crashes out of my system in the winter..... Time to get the cold clothes out of the closet and get used to a 15min dressing procedure before actual training.... or spending hours in the basement watching re-runs of Lance Armstrong's Big 6.... oh well... it's better than getting fat....

No comments:

Post a Comment