Monday, April 19, 2010

Tri-Guy....

so... forgot to post this funny story...
so i'm getting some good hours in over march break..... finishing a tempo workout on my winter bike (Trek 6000 - nice ride but weighs about 32lbs with fenders, saddlebag etc).... so i come around a corner with about 6min left in my last block of tempo and there's this triathalete on the side of the road... i roll past with "hey.... everything okay?".... and i get the "keep going" hand wave... "alright... i guess he's just not feeling friendly".... so i keep riding.... and then he passes me.... on his aero bars riding his Cervelo (is there another tri bike out there?) and i say "great day for a ride.... it's nice to have the sun back again".... no response.... hmph..... he keeps riding away.... "hey... i can't let him just let him get away"... so i pick up my pace a little bit.... catch up and pull along side him..... "bzzzzzzz" say my 2.2 super knobby tires beneath my fenders.... i try again...."boy it's nice to get out of the basement and get some sunshine... you been riding long?".... "well uhh... i'm just getting back into it again... been working a lot .... got kids at home... " and a few more excuses..... "well... i'm just finishing some tempo... wanna race to the speed limit sign?"... and i almost beat him.... "ok...i'm done... see you soon!!!"
and then i smile as i see my heartrate never got above 160bpm...
ok... so it wasn't THIS triathalete.... but it still makes me giggle....

No comments:

Post a Comment