Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oh how quickly things change...

From good to bad.... that was 3 days of my life last week.... i made a tough decision to NOT race the 2nd O'Cup at Albion Hills on the weekend.... i was riding great last weekend.... did a 2x30min tempo that felt really good.... almost easy.... and followed that up the next day with 4 sets of 1 and 1's at my highest wattage yet... and again felt in total control... i ran Track and Field Day at my school on Tuesday so i decided to make that my rest day... and came home on wednesday feeling bloated, achey, tired and had a stomach ache... "don't worry Barnes... you're just tired..." and then it grew into the 48hr flu.... which i passed along to my wife (Happy Mother's Day honey...) and was finally back on my feet on saturday.... but not feeling like racing in 0 degrees and wet... so i went from feeling great and loving riding my bike.... to feeling like chain smoker with an affliction for dutchies..... rode on sunday but felt gross.... it will come back.... and hopefully soon since i have Tremblant's Canada Cup on the long weekend and then Hardwood's Canada Cup on the 29th.... need to have my A Game for those... eat, ride, rest eat, hydrate, sleep.... repeat....

No comments:

Post a Comment