Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So... Um.. Where's Barnes?

yeah... so i was feeling good enough at the end of the season to committ to racing 'cross again this year.. especially since we have Nationals in Toronto.... but my knee has had other opinions. Spent some time (and got a parking ticket!!!) at Urban Athlete to get my Patella Femoral Syndrome fixed up... sounds fancy but it's just an imbalance in my quad muscles that make my knee cap track incorrectly when i bend my knee.
So it's now been about 4.5 weeks... and i'm dying to get back on the bike!!! started doing a bit of really easy spinning on the trainer last week to test things out, and it felt pretty good. I also got a new 'cross bike... a super-upgraded Trek XO1 (thanks barry!!) and wish that i was racing 'cross.... but it's better to look at the big picture and remember that it's a long winter of training before next season starts up....
so on my "off-season"... probably the first one i've ever taken.... we've been having some fun... camping, playing hockey, fishing and getting started into the school year.... but now that things are settled... it's time to get it going again.
Sue says "Boy... this trail is pretty steep and rock... it's tough to walk up"... Jon replies "Yeah... this looks like the singletrack downhill at Bromont"... and then Jake gives 'er up the trail...
Luke actually sitting still.... wow...
I'll be down at 'cross Nats this weekend... and i'm sure i'll come back with no voice... should be a good show...

No comments:

Post a Comment