Monday, November 28, 2011

Almost put it all together

Rolled out to the nation's capital for my final CX race of the year... and the Provincial Champs.... loved the course right from the start and had legs that felt strong once they were lit up.... but of course there is a story to accompany this generalization of fitness..... So I says to myself: OK barnes, the legs feel good, the course is great so let's let it roll.... wow that was a fast start on some sketchy kitty litter... phew, Mogg went down and i snuck up from 5th wheel to 2nd... just sit here for a bit... crap, went down where Mogg went down and now Tristan is ahead of me and Mogg has a gap.... just sit here for a bit and we can work together to catch him.... oh man i hate it when i clip a pedal.... stay on Tristan's wheel in the headwind... oh man another pedal.... get back up to his wheel.... OK, Tristan got past this guy - call for a 2nd passer and get him after the U-turn.... Hey, I'm taking the outside line!! Give me some space!! Hey, where did my bike go? I feel like Superman... better tuck and roll... hey, i can see the sky again... Whoa, here comes my bike!!! Ouch! Man that was confusing and weird, am i ok? is my bike ok? look at all these people passing me.... Thought continues.... "at least i'm getting over the barrier and NOT looking like a loser... Look at those pretty clouds.... GET YOUR HEAD BACK INTO IT BARNES!!! Ok... time to catch that train of people... man they're going slow... next train... too slow... catch Craig Hawkes and sit for a bit... going a bit slow for me but oh well.... wait - Craig was in 6th... i could be back in this!!??! get around him... get around another... Hey - there's Matt Surch, he's 3rd... GET HIM!!! closer... closer... closer.... not enough real estate.... but i gave him a good scare!!!" so when i checked the results... my lap times (aside from the Crash Lap) were all faster than Matt's and most were faster than Tristan's (who finished 2nd).... we could have totally worked together and caught Mogg and made an exciting race... too bad i rode like a complete Beginner for the first 2 laps... "What could have been might have been..." 4th and almost on the podium...

No comments:

Post a Comment