Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sir Slams OCup

Good and bad... But focus on the positive first.
Found my Seated Power again and loved the course - great tempo climb up the front and then a really tough and technical climb on the back.... nothing easy if you weren't on your game....  I started really strong and rode off the front at the start of the 2nd lap... built a lead only to lose it by crashing twice in about 2min... the first time was just an Idiot Fall but the 2nd one was a Gooder... lost a pedal, lost my balance, through a shikane, down a drop, over the rock drop and over the bars.... took a tumble and decided to just close my eyes when i saw gravel and dust going past my vision....

evidence of the Summersault on the helmet, and it shook me up for a bit.... and allowed Holgrem to catch back on.... i lead for most of the last lap but was unable / unwilling to go when he went...


evidence of the Hip First Flop..... also had to figure out my saddle.... found it pointing straight up when i re-mounted and it kept slipping... which was quickly followed by my Bum Bouncing in an attempt to re-level it.... but happy with 2nd - finished over 3min up on 3rd and 1min faster than the winner of the 30-39 category... Fast Old Guys...

and yes... Jake missed the entire race because he was looking for ant hills under the big rocks.... boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment