Thursday, October 31, 2013

Splish Splash... I need a bath!!!

The annual Baseball CX race happened last weekend.... after a day filled with rain and a morning filled with snow and more wet stuff... turning the conditions into Epic CX race conditions!!!  It warmed up to about 5 degrees and started snowing on us for part of the race... just because it was getting to easy!!!  Rode a good race, got into a good group, realized that you have to listen to know when the Primes are, splashed through deep mud puddles and fought the thick mud... as Andrew Watson said "I've never had to pedal so hard going DOWN a hill!!"  Yeah...
I also learned that hesitating to take control can cost you... which is what Rob Holmgren did NOT do... resulting in him finishing 1st in our Chase Group of 3... and me finishing last!!!
Mark Batty has told me "Don't be afraid to take control.  Sometimes you have to go 100%!!"
I'm slowly getting smarter...

Disera making his charge ... kept him close for a while before he got away...
Leading the Double Barriers.... after which I missed my chance to control of my Finishing Fate...
End of the long Mud Soup Puddle...
Short run up.... "Ohhh... THIS is where the Prime is..."


No comments:

Post a Comment