Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bronte Bounce...

Hit the first real "race" of the year this past weekend at the Tour de Bronte... 80km of paved and gravel roads with no hills... So lots of speed!!!  Legs needed some warming up for the first 3 laps and then got into the groove... Ride pretty well but was never Driving the Train... Left that job to Morka!!!  Roads were a bit muddy with the frost coming out of them in the shades sections which just made for a muddy face and dirty bike...


Over half the group got dropped / pulled before the last lap which meant it would be a more civilized sprint... But also faster!!!  I found myself on the right edge of the road (I'm not a sprinter so I like to have a Bail Out spot if things get twitchy..) when I heard some yelling, clanging, screeching and then thumping. I got caught behind 6 guys who were taken out by a Twitchy Move and tried to roll over a frame on the ground but it got caught up in my wheel and sent me for a dive... Of course on the only gravel road allowance around... not in the soft grass filled ditch. So with a shoulder to and a bounce I found myself back in my feet with an unaffected bike... And unhappy company!!!  Got back on and rolled to the finish 750m away to take 24th spot... Only 4 away from the money!!!
No real damage other than pulling off old scar tissue to replace it with soon to be more scar tissue... Could have been worse. 
Happy with how the legs felt and how I rode.... And it's always fun to join in on the Ontario Spring Classics Racing!!!
Next up - Donut this weekend and then Heck of the North...

No comments:

Post a Comment