Monday, August 3, 2009

Now I remember why I don't road race anymore....

Because it SUCKS!!!! ... okay.... only part of it sucked... well.... i guess i had some fun.... alright... it was still a good time. I decided to race road Provincials last weekend... and it would have been a tough course in dry conditions... but of course we had crazy weather and some wild lighting and heavy rain. With so many tight corners and downhill S-bend chicane right near the finish line... it made for some nervous riding for a while. Once it finally stopped raining and dried up a bit it was much more fun and i was feeling much more aggressive.... but the rain returned and i had no intentions of ending my mountain bike season with a crash in a road race. With 3 laps to go... and dry roads... i had the intentions (and the legs) to do some good hard work to get Steve Heck into a good spot for the final sprint.... but as the corners became wet again, Steve was on his own. And unfortunately he wasn't on his own sliding across the road in the S-bend.... went down hard into the curb and banged himself up pretty good. So i'm glad to have finished ON my bike and with some good training in my legs. I was only in the Red Zone once during the race and never found myself in difficulty. Glad the legs were there.... So since there is no pictures of the road race.... here is a few pics of my kids... aka the Schlek Brothers of the Future...
Jake at the start of his first "race" at Buckwallow...Luke leaning into the corners.... A really big fish we caught....

No comments:

Post a Comment