Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My new Best Friend...

so this is how things go sometimes.... got a new upgraded XO1 'cross bike last fall and couldn't ride it because of my bum knee.... so it hung on the wall and looked pretty.... and i've been riding it on the trainer for the winter.... and on one of those rides it thought it might work just fine as a road bike... change the 'rings to road gearing and just giv'er.... it fits great, looks great and rides great so why spend the money on a new road bike?
"hey honey... i've been thinking about my new road bike this year..." Jon gets a bad look as Sue anticipates me trying to sell her up to a better bike... "you know that 'cross bike that i got and haven't ridden outside? well... i was thinking that i would just save our money and ride that rather than get a new road bike... what do you think?" "sounds great... now we can get new carpet!!!" how quickly my money gets spent....

No comments:

Post a Comment