Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Albion Uh-Oh Cup

So... i proved to myself once again that i'm stubborn and overly-optimistic.... we had round #4 of O'Cups at Albion Hills.... a course that i have never really enjoyed or done well on... and i was just a bit tired all week... didn't sleep well, legs were sluggish, weight was up.... just an off week... but i pushed on and raced.... and discovered rather quickly that my body was telling me that i was overtrained and needed some rest... after a first lap that Jason Everaert made quite uncomfortable for me.... i let him go and settled into a pace that would hopefully keep me 2nd.. only to be blown away when 3rd and 4th caught me... couldn't hold their wheels and didn't really want to.... so it's been about 6 years since i've DNF'd.... but i had no desire to race and the legs were totally off.... so i spent 5 days doing nothing but resting... and caught a bit of a cold in there.... been working my way back into some daily endurance hours and had a nice ride in Durham Forest with Steve "Rango" Heck.... and next week i'll be hitting some tempo and building for Buckwallow and the 2nd half of the season... funny how your body tells you things and sometimes we don't listen.... i guess i can't hold a peak for 3 months....

No comments:

Post a Comment