Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trek Store Canada Cup

So after the Pre-rides ... and a HUGE chinese food dinner... we all crashed in Orillia (thanks Barry) before heading back and rocking Hardwood in perfect conditions... the rain left the trails tacky and fast, the sun was shining and the temp hovered around 20+ degrees.... great conditions for a totally fast race... i did my usual "can't sleep before a big race" session... but still felt good once i lit up the legs... rolled a lot of the climbs with great power and LOVED being the first group out at 1:30 and having a clear course ahead of me....
felt great and strong for the whole race, rode the single track well and had great mental focus... plus i followed The Plan that i had in my head for the day...
Sit in 2nd wheel for the first bit and let everyone settle into a pace....
Don't let anyone get away from me by any distance...
Test those around me and choose my spot to attack....
Be leading by the end of the 1st lap...
Never look back and ride the same gear in each section each lap....
Mission Accomplished = Winning
It's easy to keep the motivation going with the rest of the Trek Canada Team cheering me on... and knowing that the guys who were chasing me have enough power to take advantage of any mistakes...
Sweet Header Pic, eh? Barnes Bustin' Air....

No comments:

Post a Comment